Get in Touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
We only do maintenance & support for WordPress, but we do it really well.
Pricing: $179/month. No contract required.
Daily Care & Maintenance
We help keep WordPress websites up-to-date, backed up, clean, and secure. Think about the folks who care for your office. They likely clean, fix things, and keep everything working. Your website is online real estate that needs the same kind of care.
On-Call Help & Support
Keep us on call 24/7 to edit content, settings, & more. We know WordPress can be tricky to navigate. No need to spend time figuring it out. Consider how much easier it’d be to have someone available to help so you can focus on other work.
Daily Care & Maintenance: We scan your site daily to proactively keep it secure and up-to-date. If we find any malware, we get rid of it. If we see that WordPress core and plugin updates are available, we apply those using a “safe update” approach to ensure that there won’t be a negative impact on your site. We also set up incremental backups every 12 hours to send copies of your site to two separate off-site secure locations so if the unthinkable happens, nothing is lost for total peace of mind.
Help & Support: All requests are email-based because everyone uses email. Our team uses a shared inbox to ensure that requests are seen and tended to as quickly as possible. More detail is in the common questions below…
What if I already have someone who manages my website?
Great! But management and maintenance are different things. If they focus on front-end work (visual design, content strategy, etc), we’re happy to serve alongside them to take care of back-end technical tasks.
If you’re not 100% certain that your website is being maintained well, feel free to request a free security checkup.
Can you help me with a non-WordPress website?
We don’t work on anything other than self-hosted* WordPress sites. We’re familiar with a handful of other platforms that websites can be built on, but we specialize in WordPress.
*Q: What’s a “self-hosted” WordPress site? A: One that’s built using open-source WordPress software and running on a web host other than wordpress.com.
Do I really need daily care & maintenance?
Yep. This is kind of like asking, “does my car really need regular oil changes?” Most websites built with WordPress have a lot of moving parts that need regular care to ensure that they’re working well together. This involves a bunch of little techy things to keep your website up-to-date, backed up, clean, and secure.
What can I get help & support with?
Think of this as a way for us to do tasks on almost anything that takes 30 minutes or less that can be addressed from the dashboard of your WordPress site. There’s no limit on the number of work requests you can make! For example…
You provide the content and we’ll…
- Publish blog posts and new pages from Word or text documents.
- Add/Remove/Edit text on posts, pages, products, etc.
- Upload images and add them to pages.
- Crop or resize images.
- Add keywords, titles, snippets, etc for SEO.
- Add or edit menu items.
- Create image galleries.
- Add or edit users.
- Upload PDFs.
We can also adjust your settings, for example:
- Updating theme options.
- Editing or adjusting widgets.
- Adding redirects.
- Editing permalinks.
- Adding or editing form fields.
- Editing templates made from visual editors.
- Installing plugins from the WordPress repository.
- Configuring popups, notification bars, etc.
We can also do the following but these may take a little longer:
- Editing custom CSS or JS.
- Searching and replacing items in your database.
- Adding code snippets.
- Installing complex plugins (i.e., those that have lots of settings).
- Performance and page-speed adjustments after analysis on GTmetrix.
- Minor troubleshooting involving plugin and theme compatibility.
- Installing tracking codes (like Google Analytics).
- Testing contact forms and checkouts.
Is there anything I can’t get help & support with?
Unfortunately. The following are items that we don’t do:
- Creating or editing content for posts, pages, products, policies, or SEO.
- Creating graphics or editing images beyond resizing or cropping.
- SEO and analytics strategy, review, or consulting.
- Interacting with third-party vendors. (exception: co-managed web hosting)
- Purchasing plugins, license keys, or extensions.
- Build-outs, plugin development, or theme development, including building new major functionality on an existing site. Examples: setting up an online store, rebuilding existing content through a different page builder, custom-coding a new plugin to provide new functionality.
Occasionally there are requests that we can’t do because they’re completely outside our scope of service, but we’ll happily give you recommendations, so please ask!
Can you help me with web hosting?
Yep! While we don’t own our own servers and we have no desire to resell hosting, we’d like to present you with a great option: Cloudways (this is a referral link). Their service is fantastic and their platform allows us to co-manage accounts while keeping our clients in full control.
We’ve seen some businesses feel lost when it comes to web hosting. We get it. You just want your website to be secure and fast. The technical stuff isn’t interesting. We’re happy to help manage your hosting, though we require you to (1) use Cloudways and (2) be the primary account owner so you always have control.
- This is 100% optional. If you’re happy with your current host, good stuff.
- You need your own Cloudways account and manage the billing.
- Our account needs to be added as a Team Member with Support Access and Full Console Access for your server.
Please let us know if you’re interested and we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to get everything set up. It’ll be worth it!
We don’t charge any extra for this.
Can you help me with domain and DNS management?
Yep! Your domain (e.g., yourcompany.com) is your online address. All your mail goes through it, traffic to your website goes through it, and different services from all over the world can be connected to it. We’ll help make sure that all of those settings (called DNS records) are set correctly and updated as needed.
We do not register domains on your behalf. If you need help purchasing one or setting one up, we’re happy to assist, but we want you to be in full control of your domain.
Can you help make sure my site sends emails reliably?
Yep! This is an often-overlooked issue that can be detrimental to any business if it’s not working well. We offer to send all of our clients’ transactional emails through a Postmark server, which solves this problem.
Transactional email is mail that your website sends, like those you’ve received from password resets or form submissions. Authentication is a way for recipients to know that it actually comes from you. This happens at the domain level and creates more authority and trust for your brand.
You’ve probably received emails that have this kind of info in the header: email@example.com via othercompany.com. Authentication gets rid of the last part so your recipients just see firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to sign a contract?
Not formally. You do have to agree to a few things, but we don’t lock you into anything. Our service is month-to-month and you can cancel at any time. Our agreement simply acknowledges that you have the authority to give us access to your website and that you’ve given us permission to access the back-end of your site with administrator-level access.