Hire our team of WordPress experts for routine maintenance & on-call (24/7) editing for your website at a fraction of the cost of an entry-level employee.
Our routine care & maintenance service helps keep WordPress (WP) websites up-to-date, backed up, clean, and secure. Think about the folks who care for your office. They likely clean, fix things, and keep everything working. Your website is online real estate that needs the same kind of care.
$179/month, maintenance included
Our editing service gives you 24/7 access to our editors for all sorts of tasks: updating & editing content, settings, and more. WordPress can be tricky to navigate. No need to spend time figuring it out. This service is ideal if you could use some extra help so you can focus [better] on other work.
How it works
- We scan your site daily to proactively keep it secure and up-to-date.
- If we find any malware, we get rid of it.
- When we see that WordPress core and plugin (i.e., software) updates are available, we run those updates using a “safe update” approach.
- We set up automated backups every 12 hours to send copies of your site to two different off-site locations for total peace of mind. ?
- We get to know your website and your business needs well.
- We give you our support team’s private shared email address.
- When you need help – whether it’s a question or a need for something to be updated or edited – just shoot us an email and we’ll get on it right away!
- You may submit unlimited edit requests.
- Tasks are typically completed in less than 8 hours.
- Our support team is distributed across multiple time zones. This ensures that someone is always monitoring our support email account. Yep, 24/7.
What if I already have someone who manages my website?
Great! But management and maintenance are different things. If they focus on front-end work (visual design, content strategy, etc), we’re happy to serve alongside them to take care of back-end technical tasks.
If you’re not 100% certain that your website is being maintained well, feel free to request a free security checkup.
Can you help me with a non-WordPress website?
We don’t work on anything other than self-hosted* WordPress sites. We’re familiar with a handful of other platforms that websites can be built on, but we specialize in WordPress.
*Q: What’s a “self-hosted” WordPress site? A: One that’s built using open-source WordPress software and running on a web host other than wordpress.com.
Do I really need WordPress maintenance?
Yep. This is kind of like asking, “does my car really need regular oil changes?” Most websites built with WordPress have a lot of moving parts that need regular care to ensure that they’re working well together. This involves a bunch of little techy things to keep your website up-to-date, backed up, clean, and secure.
What can your editors help me with?
Think of this as a way for us to do tasks on almost anything that takes 30 minutes or less that can be addressed from the dashboard of your WordPress site. There’s no limit on the number of work requests you can make! For example…
You provide the content and we’ll…
- Publish blog posts and new pages from Word or text documents.
- Add/Remove/Edit text on posts, pages, products, etc.
- Upload images and add them to pages.
- Crop or resize images.
- Add keywords, titles, snippets, etc for SEO.
- Add or edit menu items.
- Create image galleries.
- Add or edit users.
- Upload PDFs.
We can also adjust your settings, for example:
- Updating theme options.
- Editing or adjusting widgets.
- Adding redirects.
- Editing permalinks.
- Adding or editing form fields.
- Editing templates made from visual editors.
- Installing plugins from the WordPress repository.
- Configuring popups, notification bars, etc.
We can also do the following but these may take a little longer:
- Editing custom CSS or JS.
- Searching and replacing items in your database.
- Adding code snippets.
- Installing complex plugins (i.e., those that have lots of settings).
- Performance and page-speed adjustments after analysis on GTmetrix.
- Minor troubleshooting involving plugin and theme compatibility.
- Installing tracking codes (like Google Analytics).
- Testing contact forms and checkouts.
Is there anything your editors can’t help with?
The following are items that we don’t do:
- Creating or editing content for posts, pages, products, policies, or SEO.
- Creating graphics or editing images beyond resizing or cropping.
- SEO and analytics strategy, review, or consulting.
- Interacting with third-party vendors. (exception: co-managed web hosting)
- Purchasing plugins, license keys, or extensions.
- Build-outs, plugin development, or theme development, including building new major functionality on an existing site. Examples: setting up an online store, rebuilding existing content through a different page builder, custom-coding a new plugin to provide new functionality.
Occasionally there are requests that we can’t do because they’re completely outside our scope of service, but we’ll happily give you recommendations, so please ask!
What if I need a new website?
We don’t provide full design and development services in-house, though we will occasionally subcontract that work out to trusted partners, manage the project, and then take over after the site is built.
Feel free to get in touch and let us know what you have in mind!
Website builds start at $3500.
Can you help me with web hosting?
Yep! While we don’t own our own servers and we have no desire to resell hosting, we’d like to present you with two great options: DreamHost or Cloudways (these are referral links). Their service is fantastic and their platform allows us to co-manage accounts while keeping our clients in full control.
We’ve seen some businesses feel lost when it comes to web hosting. We get it. You just want your website to be secure and fast. The technical stuff isn’t interesting. We’re happy to help manage your hosting, though we require you to (1) use either DreamHost or Cloudways and (2) be the primary account owner so you always have control.
- This is 100% optional. If you’re happy with your current host, good stuff.
- You need your own hosting account and manage the billing.
- We need full access to your server, except for billing.
Please let us know if you’re interested and we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to get everything set up. It’ll be worth it!
We don’t charge any extra for this.
Can you help me with domain and DNS management?
Yep! Your domain (e.g., yourcompany.com) is your online address. All your mail goes through it, traffic to your website goes through it, and different services from all over the world can be connected to it. We’ll help make sure that all of those settings (called DNS records) are set correctly and updated as needed.
We do not register domains on your behalf. If you need help purchasing one or setting one up, we’re happy to assist, but we want you to be in full control of your domain. Need a new registrar? We use and recommend Namecheap (referral).
Can you help make sure my website sends email reliably?
Yep! This is an often-overlooked issue that can be detrimental to any business if it’s not working well. We offer to send all of our clients’ transactional emails through a Postmark server, which solves this problem.
Transactional email is mail that your website sends, like those you’ve received from password resets or form submissions. Authentication is a way for recipients to know that it actually comes from you. This happens at the domain level and creates more authority and trust for your brand.
You’ve probably received emails that have this kind of info in the header: firstname.lastname@example.org via othercompany.com. Authentication gets rid of the last part so your recipients just see email@example.com.
Do I have to sign a contract?
Not formally. You do have to agree to a few things, but we don’t lock you into anything. Our service is month-to-month and you can cancel at any time. Our agreement simply acknowledges that you have the authority to give us access to your website and that you’ve given us permission to access the back-end of your site with administrator-level access.